Friday, November 2, 2012

I'm a Cooking Machine!

For the last two days I have been cooking up a storm! I am working a temporary job during the election season, and election day is coming up on Tuesday. This upcoming week is going to be hectic with processing ballots, and I've got a 60+ hour work week ahead of me. Monday and Tuesday in particular I will be working from early morning to at least midnight, so I need to be prepared to eat all of my meals at work. I seem to have caught the bento bug, so I thought, "I should pre-cook a ton of food for bento box meals for the entire week!" So I've been cooking for the last two days... A normal person might have just bought a bunch of microwaveable TV dinners.

But, this is good practice for me, as I've been complaining that my cooking skills have deteriorated. The last two days I've whipped up some yummy foods like yakisoba, teriyaki, saute veggies, pickles, and froze a bunch of pre-cooked rice. After wrapping everything up I realized I should have cooked more green veggies, everything looked so... brown. Tomorrows meals included, I ended up sprinkling some green onion on top because I felt so guilty about it!


I was excited to be able to fit my 3 meals in a single insulated lunch bag! I baked a bunch of apple granola muffins for breakfast, and a big thing of yakisoba for dinner. Lunch is chicken tatsuta-age (fried chicken), boilded sweet potato topped with ground beef (nimono), rice, and pickled carrots.


Just a tiny bit of green onion in a sea of brown :-(  I still feel kind of bad, but oh well. I used the whites of the onion on the nimono, and the green parts on the chicken. At least I have a vegetable, and those carrot pickles are so addicting!

I promise to blog about things other than bento, after my hectic work week. My week is going to mostly consist of working and bento, so here's a forewarning!

No comments:

Post a Comment