Sunday, November 4, 2012

Multicultural Bento!

Tomorrow morning begins my busy work week! I've prepared my bento meals for the next two days, as I won't have time to get ready between work shifts. I'll be lucky to get some sleep!

Ever since I ate those tasty carrot pickles I made for the last bento I posted, I've been craving pickles! Especially antipasto, yummy! I decided to add some antipasto to my next bento.


Antipasto, lemon-soy-mirin marinated chicken, and fried rice. I reused the left-over purchased fried rice I used previously, added beef, soy, and sake, and remade it into something tasty (finally, it has flavor!) Maybe the antipasto makes this a strange mix mix of Asian and Italian, but I love it so much!

Tonight, we decided to get fajitas for dinner from a local Mexican restaurant. There is always way too much food, so I figured, why not put some in a bento!

Steak fajita, rice and re-fried beans, chips, sour cream, and salsa in the sauce container. I like this bento box, but I rarely use it. The three tiers make it look so tiny, but it packs a lot of food!

Simple yet oh so tasty, chicken and egg soboro donburi. The ground chicken is flavored with ginger and soy, and the scrabbled eggs are flavored with sugar and sake. Japanese sweet scrambled eggs are delicious, especially with the chicken. Also, left overs make wonderful onigiri!

No comments:

Post a Comment